South Boston Walking Tour
8: 1313 Jeffress Street



Built in 1896 by James Traver (builder of the Dan River Covered Bridge and many other bridges, homes and buildings between 1856 and 1907) for the Throm family. Mr. Throm was associated with Singleton Lumber Co. which, until 1959, was located where Southern States is now located on Factory Street.


The next stop - 700 North Main Street
Back to Map