South Boston Walking Tour
9: 700 North Main Street



Queen Anne Victorian house with gable roof, 6-bay wraparound porch with turned posts, spindle frieze, turned balustrade. Built by the Willingham family in 1899. Purchased by the Dickerson family in 1920 and remained in the Dickerson family until the 1980's. Mr. Dickerson started a pool hall in 1901, and was located downtown at 521 N. Main Street. Mrs. Benjamin Dickerson's maiden name was Terry and her sister married E. B. Jeffress. Their portraits hang in the South Boston - Halifax County Museum of Fine Arts & History.


The next stop - 800 North Main Street
Back to Map