Once Governor Tuck's Home
Built in 1888 on land purchased from Capt. Jeffress by Charles Thomas Lovelace. His son was Charles Branch Lovelace who worked 50 years at the Post Office and retired as its Postmaster. Daughter Eva married to Governor Bill Tuck and lived in the house. Grandson Thomas Skinner Lovelace describes the whiskey jug he found at a neighbors house in 1934 when he was 10 years old.
The next stop - 1328 Jeffress Street