Sunday, June 4, 2000
- We have moved our mail server to a brand new IP address. If
you are having trouble checking your email, please make sure
that you have either mail.halifax.com or mail.cstone.net in
your email program as your POP3/SMTP hosts.
Thursday, May 18, 2000
- Our new 3 Megabit ATM circuit is now up and
operational. Your internet speed should be a lot better
in the evening hours.
- We have recently finished the purchase of Hovac.Com
in Farmville. This brings two additional POPs in Virginia that
you may dial in to.
Friday , March 3, 2000
- We just turned up 23 additional phone lines in our
- We also turned up 23 additional phone lines in our Clover
- We will be upgrading our circuit between Charlottesville and
Halifax to ATM within the next 30 to 45 days. This will solve
the Internet slowness problem you may be experiencing in the
evenings at our Halifax, Clover and Danville POPs.
Sunday , February 20, 2000
- Our additional 23 phone lines should be installed this week.
- We have turned up our additional bandwidth to the
Internet. We will also be upgrading our link from
Charlottesville to Halifax this week.
Wednesday, February 2, 2000
- We installed 23 additional phone lines yesterday. We
have already placed an order for 23 more phone lines to be
installed. Thanks for your patience.
Thursday, January 27, 2000
- Our Internet speed upgrade should be completed by next week.
However, as we all know, the phone company may take a little
longer than that.
- Sprint has informed us that they will have our additional 23
phone lines available sometime on Friday. We thank you
for your patience.
Friday , January 21, 2000
- We have received word that our additional Internet bandwidth
will be available within the next week or two. This will more
almost double our bandwidth to the Internet and help to
alleviate the slowness that you may be
- Our much needed, additional 23 phone lines will also be
installed within the next business week. We thank you
for your generous patience.
Wednesday , January 12, 2000
- We apologize for the recent slowdown in our services. We
have discovered the problem and have put in measures to
prevent it from happening again in the future.
We are ordering an additional circuit to be placed between
Charlottesville and Halifax to handle the increased bandwidth
that we are using.
Friday , January 7, 2000
Our email server problems have finally been solved as of
4 AM this morning. We had a failing hard drive that finally
became so slow that we needed to replace it. Unfortunately, it
took us longer than expected to replace it. We apologize for
this major inconvenience. To prevent this from becoming
a problem in the future, we have plans to bring a backup email
server on line very soon.
We have placed an order for 23 additional phone lines to
be installed as soon as possible to solve the occasional busy
signals that you may be receiving during peak times.
Friday , October 28, 1999
We will be turning up our new Danville number
today. Our new Lynchburg number will be operational very
soon as well. A current list of our local dial-up
numbers can be found here.
We have joined forces with CFW-Intelos.
This will enable us to provide and even wider range of
We have replaced a bad modem card and network management
card on one of our access servers. The bad network management
card was preventing some callers from be able to connect in
the evenings with the V.90 protocol.
Wednesday, October 6, 1999
Our T1 to Clover and Scottsburg is now operational. This
means that our customers in the 454 telephone exchange can now
dial a local number to access the Internet. Our new Clover
dial-up number is 454-4523.
Monday, August 2, 1999
We have isolated another bad modem in our Total Control
Hub Access Servers. This was the cause of random busy signals
that you may have been receiving.
Thursday, July 22, 1999
Our Sprint Frame Relay circuit was down around 2AM and
6AM this morning due to problems with Sprint's network.
Our backup circuit should be fully operational within a
week or so.
Wednesday, July 21, 1999
- Our email
directory is back!. We will also be adding new features as
we have time.
Monday, June 7, 1999
- After many hours of debugging, we have isolated the problem to a particular modem and/or
trunk on one of our PRIs. In English, this means that things should be working just
fine now and you should have no problem dialing in to our regular number.
- This Friday, we will bringing up 23 additional phone lines to serve you.
Sunday, June 6, 1999
- For some reason, some of you may be receiving busy signals when you dial in to our South
Boston POP. We are unsure what the problem could be and are working with Sprint to resolve
this issue as soon as possible. In case you are wondering, we have plenty of
empty phone lines today that are available, so it is does not appear to be a problem on
our side. Sprint has confirmed that it could be a problem with the translation of
the circuit, which means that they will not be able to fix it until Monday morning.
Sunday, June 6, 1999
- For some reason, some of you may be receiving busy signals when you dial in to our
South Boston POP. We are unsure what the problem could be and are working with Sprint to
resolve this issue as soon as possible. In case you are wondering, we have
plenty of empty phone lines today that are available, so it is does not appear to be a
problem on our side. Sprint has confirmed that it could be a problem with the
translation of the circuit, which means that they will not be able to fix it until Monday
However, we have a new temporary dial-in number for you to try until
Sprint can fix the problem. It is 517-6105. This number is
local to Halifax and South Boston.
We will keep you informed.
- Our phone system has finally been squared away. You can now reach our Charlottesville
and Halifax staff by dialing 572-5240.
Friday, April 23, 1999
- Watch for our announcement concerning local service to the Clover and Scottsburg areas.
- We now provide access to Lousia County, Orange County and Culpepper, Virginia
Tuesday, March 30, 1999
- We just turned up our new 23 phone lines today.
Tuesday, March 16, 1999
- As you know, Sprint installed our 23 new lines several weeks ago. We just forgot
to update this page.
- We've ordered 23 more phone lines to be installed by Sprint. It typically takes Sprint 2
weeks to perform the installation.
- We've ordered our 4th T1 to the Internet. It has been almost two months since
we've ordered it and we still do not have an installation date. We'll keep you posted.
- If you have called our office recently and received some strange results, it is because
Sprint is busy installing a fancy new phone system in both of our offices and they have
run into a few kinks. However, you can always reach us by voice at our 1-800-325-9848
|Please direct your
comments, suggestions and inquiries to .
Last updated:June 04, 2000. All