Acceptable Use Policy
Halifax.Com does not want to prevent anyone from enjoying their use of the
Internet. However, we have instituted several guidelines to our customers to ensure a
- Spamming will not be tolerated! Spamming is the practice of sending unsolicited
commercial email to anyone. We reserve the right to instantly terminate anyone that
engages in this practice.
- Your accounts with Halifax.Com are not to be shared with people outside your immediate
family and/or business. If we detect that your password has been compromised, we can
terminate your account without warning. This is not because we are trying to be mean, but
rather, this can cause major security related problems with us and our other
- The customer may not be connected to Halifax.Com using the same account more than once
at any given time.
- Do not share your password with anyone that you may meet on the Chat groups. If we
detect that this has happened, your account will be immediately terminated.
- Be very careful in what kind of information you do give out over the Internet. Criminals
can use this sort of information against you and Halifax.Com.
- Be a part of what your child is doing on the Internet. Unfortunately, it is much easier
for your child to be taken advantage of than it used to be.
- You may not use artificial means to "simulate" that you are
actually using your Internet Connection to Halifax.Com, Inc. This means that you have to
be actively using your connection to Halifax.Com.
- You may not run a web or chat server on your computer while connected to Halifax.Com
with a regular dial-up line. However, if you wish to run your own server, we offer
dedicated phone lines for this purpose. Please contact us for more information.
Return to Halifax.Com's Home Page.