An early 20th century craftsman house, wood frame when originally built and later bricked, built by Younger Tune. Purchased in 1914 by W.A. McCanless, owner of Halifax Damask Mill.
The home is currently (October 2002) in the restoration process.
Historical Note: This mill held the patent for the red-checked damask which is used for tablecloths in so many restaurants worldwide. The original two-story brick factory with its square entrance tower centrally positioned was surrounded by a collection of forty-eight dwellings that were originally built around 1900 as employee housing by the cotton mill. This section of South Boston is the archetypal southern textile mill town.